Mazzei Electric Ltd. is an electrical contracting company that has been providing certified electricians for a wide variety of services in the industrial, commercial, and residential sectors since 1994. By being committed to the health, safety, and well-being of all of our staff and customers, and remaining true to our founder’s values of quality, honesty, and hard work, we aim to create strong sense of loyalty and morale within the Mazzei Electric Team.
We are in constant pursuit of new ways to tackle all projects, from the smallest service call to the largest commercial project. Through brainstorming, training, and teamwork, we take pride in finding fresh approaches to problem solving and task completion.
We were named as one of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2020 and also received The BCCA’s Builder’s Code Contractor of the Year award. Now is a great time to join our progressive company!
At this time, Mazzei Electric Ltd. is hiring a Senior Electrical Estimator based out of our head office in Nanaimo, BC. This individual will report to the Pre-Construction Manager and will play an integral role in providing accurate and timely estimates. Once the job is won, this individual will participate in pre-construction meetings and project close-out meetings.
- Establish, maintain, and build effective, long lasting relationships with suppliers, manufacturers, engineers, and contractors in the industry
- Accurately and efficiently estimate project costs and submit tenders
- Assemble quantity take-off and quotations
- Identify and implement potential cost savings solutions
- Estimate changes
- Identify potential business opportunities
- Work with project leads to review project documents
- On completion of project, review performance at project close-out meeting
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience estimating large multi-family residential, commercial, and institutional projects
- Electrical trade certificate or Electrical Engineering Degree
- Experience with Accubid estimating programs
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze information with an aptitude for critical thinking
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication and leadership skills
We offer a competitive wage, paid vacation, a health and dental benefits package, training and development opportunities, and an enviable work-life balance.
For more information on our company, please visit www.mazzeielectric.com. Qualified candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume in response to this ad.
We look forward to hearing from you!.
|Job Category||Electrical Estimator|