Scope of the Position
The Project Coordinator is responsible for directing, organizing and controlling project activities, under the direction of the Projects Coordinator Supervisor. The Project Coordinator provides support to ensure the smooth execution of projects by documenting, record keeping, coordinating timely delivery of supplies/ material, tracking project progress, maintaining project files, estimating, and ensuring quality control and safety.
- Coordinating with site supers, project managers and electricians to book and complete all required work onsite per the scope of work and the timelines given.
- Confirming project timelines/occupancy as the project progresses and providing planners and scheduling coordinators with updates regarding relevant changes onsite.
- Ordering all required parts and material for crews as required.
- Coordinates permits issued for construction drawings and permit sets of drawings.
- Participates in tender process and subcontractors bid analysis.
- Assists the Vice President-National Accounts with all project administrative tasks.
- Attends project coordination and owner, contractor, architect, and engineer meetings as required.
- Prepares and coordinates project close-out documents and review of deficiencies.
- Maintains positive relationships with colleagues, consultants, and key stakeholders to ensure projects run smoothly and to resolve concerns promptly and efficiently.
- Operates with broad management authority, receiving little technical guidance, control and administrative direction. Control is aimed towards the assessment of the achievement of project objectives, and adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
- Performs additional assignments and responsibilities as required
Skills and Qualifications
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working as a Projects Coordinator in the electrical industry
- A working knowledge of building construction and pre-wiring practices
- Understand processes required in undertaking civil construction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong abilities with software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and an understanding of database applications (File Maker)
- Goal oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated with the ability to work well within a team environment
- Adaptive, quick learner, exceptional organization and reporting skills with the ability to have attention to detail while multi-tasking
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
How to apply:
|Job Category||Project Coordinator|