Scope of the Position
The Outside Sales Representative will be responsible for maintaining existing business and new account acquisition in the surrounding area. The Outside Sales Rep is responsible for obtaining profitable daily sales of company products, as sold to their assigned accounts. They shall identify other opportunities within the account in order to maximize sale potential. The Outside Sales Rep is responsible for developing new accounts, promoting, selling, and securing orders from prospective customers through a relationship-based approach. They must demonstrate products and services to existing and potential customers and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Perform regular and scheduled calls on assigned accounts.
- Provide assistance and product support to customer when required.
- Promote Robertson Electric by ensuring each account receives product line card as well as other company literature made available to you.
- Promote our suppliers to our accounts.
- Review performance of accounts using tools provided.
- Attend scheduled sales meetings.
- Attend manufacturers training when provided. This may be after business hours on some occasions.
- Ensure inside sales and sales manager are aware of projects you are quoting and entered into quote log. This will help ensure accuracy and deadlines are met.
- Set prospecting targets per month in your territory, determined by Management.
- See that his approved sales and action plan is followed and accomplished.
- Work with the credit department in the collection of accounts receivable, and to cooperate in adhering to the company’s credit policy.
- Keep abreast of new products and pricing trends in the market.
- Perform special projects as requested.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 years of experience working in the electrical industry
- 1-3 years of working knowledge of electrical products
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience
- Responsible and reliable
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Cordial manner and appearance, good grammar, spelling & diction
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willing to help and learn new skills
- Must be results orientated and possess the ability to work independently and in a team
- Basic computer skills
How to apply:
|Job Category||Outside Sales|